This research project into foam and soap film had 3 different outcomes: a kinetic light sculpture with soap film based on a Jitterbug shape by Buckminster Fuller, a performance with this light kinetic light sculpture and an instrument for creating a both sonic and visual landscape with foam.
The kinetic light sculpture was also nominated for the Artificial Light Award with the theme Reflection (2010)
* Documentation of the first set-up of the kinetic light sculpture: video Between Shadow and Reflection (load fully before watching)
* Reflection of sunlight on the foam with a net on it that grows along with the foam while forming a landscape
* Structure of the foam, voronoi patterns
* When the foam grows different patterns emerges and when the foam collapses the traces stay behind
* Second set-up of the installation Between Shadow and Reflection
* Top view of the landscape